Friday, April 15, 2011

Meet the survivors

You may remember my telling you that after a long time I have decided to try and look after a few plants. That was a year ago. Two of the four plants didn't make it, but I'm very happy with 50%. Especially because I know better than anyone else how little I cared for them in the past year. There were times when I forgot to water them for over a week. These were quite frequent times to be honest.
Somehow these two plants didn't just survive, they flourished. Look at these beauties!
I also managed to fall in love with a new plant. It's a beautiful multicoloured primula. I plan on planting a few more flowers this spring again. I hope my baby will help me tending to them!

3 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Kudos - mine would have been 0%!

Kathy said...

Your flowers are just lovely! I don't have a green thumb at all - LOL

mdgtjulie said...

Beautiful plants. I love the Primula. It's beautiful. I've never heard of one before either, so I learned something new. BTW, I'm Julie. I found your blog through Nancy's Needle Notes, and here I am.