Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rarity hat

One of the first patterns I bought on Craftsy and the very first I finished is this unicorn hat by BriAbby Designs. I have changed the colours because my daughter wanted it to look like her favourite (at the time) pony from the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic cartoons, and that's Rarity. I have searched high and low for the right yarn and I found this beautiful and soft yarn called Relax at the Barkafonal shop. 



I used one skein of the white and the light purple but I had to buy a second of the dark purple yarn because the mane needs way more than it looks. The horn, the eyes and the pink in the ears were made with leftovers. I stuffed the horn and the ears too. Here is my girl wearing the finished product happily and some progress pictures.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Too cute (both the hat and your daughter)! You did a wonderful job.