Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WIPocalypse amendment

I have found the missing Lanarte piece I mentioned in my previous post and scanned her. Here she is:
As I started writing this post I realized I cannot bring myself to call my projects "it". So I had to choose a gender for cross stitch projects. It came to me that they can only be female. After all, they are very complicated, look delicate but in fact are strong enough to endure the test of time, they sometimes make your eyes water for no reason, cost a great deal more than you would have guessed, are effortlessly beautiful regardless of their shape or colour, and most men do not seem to appreciate them as much as they should. :)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I love your take on cross stitch projects being a "she" and your explanation for it. Makes complete sense!

Hugs,
Veronica.

milly said...

Hello

Your Lanarte piece is looking lovely.

Happy stitching.