Monday, March 1, 2010

Survived Valentine

Valentine's day, the would-be-anniversary and the first court visit in my divorce case are all behind me.

*phew*

That is pretty much what I have to say about that. I tried to dodge the lovey-dovey period of the year, but it is very difficult when my usual escapade reality, World of Warcraft, has a two week long Love Festival scheduled on all its realms. Thankfully I got the relevant achievement last year, so I could concentrate on other activities.

I wasn't very active on my stitch related mailing groups or blogs either. I tried to avoid everything pink and heart-shaped, as in my present state of mind it only triggers a "bah, humbug" comment from me, and I didn't want to spread my bitterness. I'll get over it. I've been a good girl about stitching the monthly magazine freebies though. Despite them being heart shaped.

On further stitching news, my mom gets more and more interested in my stitching. That is the politically correct expression about her nagging me almost daily about when I wanna finis beading Deepest Love and when will I resume stitching The Lady of the Thread. :) Don't get me wrong, I love that I can finally chat about my projects with someone offline, but I really don't need anyone setting deadlines. I'm not complaining. It's the first time in years that I feel like she thinks I am good at something, so I enjoy it.

She made me start a new project. My daughter loves to fill the bird feeder and watch the adorable feathered friends gather around it, so I started a Dimensions kit I had in my stash for quite some time. As a belated Christmas present I bought my first q-snap and I tested it for this project. I absolutely love how tight it can keep the fabric without damaging the stitches the way my wooden hoops did. I wish I would have bought a larger one and not the 6"x6" but that was the only available one at that time, so I will have to make do with that, as I cannot afford another until I get a job.

Oh, and I have a question to my trade partners: do I owe anyone a piece of linen? One of my friends sent me some special floss in return for the fabric I sent her, and what she apparently wasn't expecting. I do have memory problems due to sleeping problems, had them for months, but I cannot remember even the intention of RAKing anyone, so I must assume I sent her the fabric by mistake. Which possibly means that there is somewhere in the world a trade partner of mine who has been waiting for that package in vain, possibly for months, and has to think I ripped her off. I tried to search my mail but couldn't find who that was supposed to go to. I faintly recall trading linen for some magazines, which I remember sending, but I don't even remember which Yahoo group it was, and I am a member of too many to read through all of them. So if you know who you are and I still owe you, please mail me at my jadestitch address at gmail, and I will make up for the delay.

9 comments:

Sew Wilde said...

The birds are looking lovely. Your daughter will love it. I just love my q-snaps! They do a great job of keeping the fabric really taut.

Julie

Karan said...

Glad you got through the recent events without too many problems (((((((((hugs))))))))).
Cute little finishes & the new WIP looks lovely - will enjoy watching it develoop, as I love birds. :0)

Carolyn NC said...

Stitching looks great - q-snaps are awesome, aren't they?

Meari said...

Kudos to you for hanging in there during these tough times, Jade. ((hugs))

Your stitching looks great :)

Tracy J said...

I am looking forward to seeing how this comes along as I am stitching a dimensions kit myself.

Aussie Stitcher said...

The birds are looking great. As for you depression, just take one day at a time ((((HUGS))))

silentsgirl said...

I insisted on sticking with hoops for the longest time, and when I finally gave in and tried q-snaps, I couldn't believe I had waited so long.

I'm glad you got through your hearing and other sad days okay, and can now look forward. I've been in your shoes, and I remember what valentines was like when I was newly-single (not pleasant). Be gentle with yourself.

glenda said...

I had to giggle when I read your WOW comments...I was thinking similar thoughts as I played during those 2 weeks. For those not in a relationship, V day is "singles awareness day". I like that much more than Valentines Day :)
Hang in there. I promise it will get better. (and yes, I know personally!)

香蕉哥哥 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.