Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy dancing in the sea

Great news! Although I have a sore throat again and my computer died a minor death which kept me from the internet for over a week, I am happy as a little girl! All that time home with no WoW and FarmVille to keep me occupied I finally found the courage to thread my beading needle and finish Deepest Love!

I owe a big thank you to the stitching communities I belong to, as well as all the lovely people who left comments on my last post about this project. Without your encouraging words, who knows when I would have finished this magnificent piece. Your support helped me more than you know. And you were right, once I set my mind to do it, it was way easier than I thought it would be. During the beading I kept thinking "this is so simple and so brilliant, why on Earth didn't I do this before?"

So she was washed, dried, beaded and now I will be ironing lightly before she's taken to the framer. As you can see, I didn't add the charms. I placed them on the fabric and decided I like her more without them. Those three things seem like overkill. She is majestic as she is.

27 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

She is stunning!
Congrats on your finish!!

Annie said...

Gorgeous finish. Yea for you! That will be a stunner for your wall.

Emily said...

She is so pretty, congratulations.

Carol said...

She looks lovely. Good for you getting her finished :)

Shelley said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!!

jennilynn said...

She looks lovely.

Jennifer
jennilynn1973@gmail.com

Sally said...

She is beautiful.

AFwife99 said...

Wow, she is beautiful. Great job.

Jo said...

She's beautiful, congratulations.

Carolyn NC said...

She is fabulous - congrats on a wonderful finish!

nutmegg said...

She's stunning congrats on your finish

silentsgirl said...

She turned out beautifully - congratulations!

Nancy M said...

Congrats on a great finish! And for mastering the beads! Glad they don't seem so intimidating now!

Terri said...

Woot congrats she is beautiful. SO what next Jade :)

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is quite simply gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing her!

Frishawn said...

"Deepest Love" is a great finish. I could totally relate to what you were saying about getting more done during your forced withdrawal frfom the computer. The problem is that you tend to miss the little buggers when you don't have them right there at the ready. LOL!!

Katrien said...

she's gorgeous, congrats

Deigh said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I have nominated you for an award!
See my blog!

Pam said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jade!! That is one of my favorites by Mirabilia, although I've never stitched it myself! Maybe one of these days! Congratulations on your beautiful finish!! Hope you're feeling better!!
Pam :o)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations! She's fantastic!

Maureen said...

so glad you chose to finish her off - what a gorgeous finish!

glenda said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

She's Gorgeous..... well done with the wonderful finish.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the finish, she is gorgeous.

MaryT said...

She is beautiful. Now what is next on the agenda;)

Karan said...

Congratulations on an absolutely stunning finish. Love her! :0)