Wednesday, December 16, 2009

U.F.O. no more



I made pretty good progress on the Permin kit but none on my Christmas sampler. My printer is out of ink, so I can't print the rest of the chart, and I cannot afford a cartridge right now. So I just had to stitch something else. i looked through my UFO pile and picked Lady of the Thread by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum.


From Work In Progress

I started working on it quite some time ago but at the time it was too difficult for me to stitch on black aida. But now I am more experienced and I made great progress in surprisingly short time.  Unfortunately, as I neared the edge of her skirt, I realized that my inexperience shows on my measuring skills too, or in this case, the lack of them. I have about an inch of material left on the bottom of the fabric. Which means another tough case for the framer!

Well, still better than Ice Angel. With her, I'm not even sure if the design will fit on the fabric at all. It's a sad thought, because I've been working on her for how long, three years now? Shows you how important it is to do your math properly when doing the inch to centimeters conversion.

5 comments:

Karan said...

Two beautiful pieces & great progress on both. :0)
I use an online calculator to the maths for me. Much easier for mathematically challenged folks like me. :0)

Mylene said...

Good progress made on both projects.

csibe said...

If you feel like finishing your Permin, you can mail me the remaining part of the chart and I will print and snail mail back to you... (in case you think you can accept this tiny little favour from a stranger :) )
Lady of the Thread is just beautiful!

Brigitte said...

You made some great rpogress on both your projects. The Permin piece looks wonderful, maybe because I love the thought of summer right now.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

They are both so beautiful.

Sandy