Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving thanks

I want to wish all my American friends happy Thanksgiving and so I decided to collect what I can be thankful for.

  • I'm thankful for the internet because it made me possible to have amazing friends all over the world.
  • I'm thankful for living in a country where women's rights to get a job, own property and get a divorce are self-evident.
  • I'm thankful for living in the 21st century where vaccination, clear drinking water, heating, electricity and various forms of telecommunication are available.
  • I'm thankful for globalization that lets me have a Big Mac with french fries while watching Japanese anime on my Samsung telly and making a phone call on my Nokia.
  • I'm thankful for holiday sales that let me buy stash and make me feel like I'm saving money. :)
  • I'm thankful for all our bad teeth because is shows we can afford candy.
  • I'm thankful for all the clutter in our home, it shows we can buy more stuff than we need to survive and that we have more important things to do with our time than cleaning all the time.
  • I'm thankful for frogging, because it shows I've been enjoying something else (movies, conversations) while stitching.
  • I'm thankful for Lady Gaga, now I no longer feel like the weirdest person I know.
  • I'm thankful for yesterday's blackout, it reminded me how much fun one can have by folding origami birds by candlelight.
  • I'm thankful for the nights I spend alone, I didn't have so much time to think and re-evaluate things in years.
  • I'm thankful for my financial problems because now I can appreciate what I have even more.
  • I'm thankful for the cold because it drove a hungry black kitten to my doorstep where it's meowing every evening 'till I give it food and milk. If I can tame it, I'll keep it.
  • I'm thankful for my ex-husband for helping me understand what I want and what I don't in a relationship.
  • I'm thankful for all the annoying teenagers I come across, they make me love my age and maturity.
  • I'm thankful for all the arguments I have with my parents and  sister, it shows they are still alive and caring about me (even if in a bit suffocating way) whether I ask for it or not.
  • I'm thankful for blogging because it lets me vent.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

3 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Kay said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I love what you wrote about what you are thankful for. It is all true though. Sometimes when we are having a bad day it is hard to see the blessings we have and what we should be thankful for.

Karan said...

Thank you for posting this: wonderful Blessings that are also thought provoking. Thank you for helping me to see the postives in the negative happenings. :0)