Saturday, November 21, 2009

Good progress, bad scanning




I have managed to stitch a great deal on the Permin piece. I found a way to speed up my progress. Usually I kept my chart on my lap while stitching on the couch. But last week I have decided to grab some bluetack and fix the chart on the wardrobe door next to my stitching spot. This way it is not covered and still always close enough for my eyes to see. I can't believe I didn't think of this before!
Unfortunately, my camera is still not back, so I can only use the scanner to provide you with progress pictures. But now the piece is too big and I was rather sleepy when I jammed the fabric into the machine, that is why it looks so twisted and wrinkled. It's even blurry in places where the fabric didn't touch the scanner glass surface. 

The more important yet less pleasant news: Tamara is sick again. Some kind of a bowel virus that makes her throw up and causes diarrhea. It also raised her temperature. Poor little monkey of mine, she is no longer running and jumping around, she is just resting in her bed and watching cartoons. Normally she would be making mischief and be incredibly cute while doing it, making it impossible for the adults to be mad at her, but not now. Poor thing, she was still weak after the H1N1 vaccination when she went back to kindergarten, maybe that is why she caught this other virus so easily. 

Here is a photo from last week when she let my sister curl her hair and put some glittering make up on her face. She's my little princess. Just when I thought she couldn't possibly get any more beautiful.

7 comments:

5 Foot Runt said...

You're right great progress. Very nice piece to work on. Sounds like you enojy it much!

Srinity said...

Wow you are really quick stitching this beautiful design. I tried to buy it a while ago but it was sold out.
You have a lovely little daughter.

Annie said...

The piece looks great. Nice to find a little technique to make things go faster.

Sorry your sweetie is sick. She looks so precious in that photo!

Meari said...

Your little one is a cutie, that's for sure. I hope she feels beter soon.

Karan said...

Your DD is very cute - hope she feels much better soon.
More lovely progress. It's such a pretty piece. :0)

Brigitte said...

Your WIP looks gorgeous. Just bthe right thing to stitch on when winter is approaching.
Nice picture of your little DD. I hope she will feel better soon.

Gina E. said...

Your Christmas sampler is so pretty! I've not seen one like that before.
I have an 8 year old HP printer which uses a color ink cartridge and a black ink cartridge. My husband has a newer Canon printer which has 4 separate colour ink cartridges. For both printers, I take the cartridges to a shop who refills the old cartridges, and we have never had a problem. You might need to ask around your friends to see if they have it done sucessfully.