Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stitchy update

My whole life is turning upside down, but it's not easy to even think about it, let alone put it into words and then publish it on the world wide web, so I'm discussing one topic at a time, starting with the easiest one. Stitching.


This is the picture I am working on right now. It's a Permin of Copenhagen kit and I just love it! I have never made so much progress in such a little time!

This is a kit my husband chose some years ago and now I'm stitching it for him. This is the one of two pieces he will be taking with him when he's leaving the place that was our home for the past 6 years. The other one is the little blonde girl watering flowers. I stitched that for his birthday the same year our baby was born.





I also started dyeing some fabric. I had to dye a piece for Emma's Garden. I bleached a piece of blue fabric years ago, but instead of yellowish, it became some ugly greyish white and I didn't like it. I halved the dyeing time on the package but still it turned out to be a darker yellow than I wanted. Never mind, I made my mind up and even started the first few stitches.

I used the leftover dye to come up with this lovely piece of aida here. I have no idea what I'm gonna stitch on it, but I really love it.

Still no progress on Deepest Love. I just put that one away for a while. I'm not ready to finish her yet.

Next time on Stitch and Serve: housekeeping and other curses.

12 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Your stitching and dyeing fabrics look wonderful. Keep at it; maybe it will help you get through the hard times. Thinking of you. :)

Sandy In Montana said...

Very nice work. Stitching can be very calming for the soul, I hope it will be a comfort for you.

witchisin said...

think you have found a new hobby lol, may i suggest food coloring too? it should open new doors ... and get you more hooked tooo, LOL
please take care of yourself too

hugs
alba from italy - StitchNSwap2

Vicki in CO said...

Nice job on the stitching. I've never tried dying fabric You did a nice job. I really like the marbled one.

Kelly said...

Great job and love the stitching!

Maureen said...

I love that Permin piece - I am sorry you are not stitching it in happier times...

nice work on the fabric - that marbled effect is really good.

Katrien said...

that looks really beautiful. Nice work on the dyeing.

Sew Wilde said...

Love the butterfly! I really like the sunshine yellow fabric-nice dye job.

I will keep you in my thoughts as you are having this difficult time in your life.

Julie

Lillie said...

Both stitching and the fabric dye job are well done.

Mylene said...

Beautiful project you are working on and great job on the fabric.
Hope things are settling down for you. Take care.

Nancy M said...

It's very nice of you to continue stitching for your husband when you are splitting. He must really appreciate that you are doing that for him. Your dying looks good, I haven't gotten into that yet.

Karan said...

Lovely project & a nice thing for you to do. Love the bright fabrics - a reminder of summer. :0)