Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pictures and progress


I've been playing around with Picasa for a while. It's great for organizing image files. The 3.0 version is also brilliant at red eye removal, which is essential for us, because my daughter has the kinda beautiful greyish blue eyes that will always look red in photos. I have used these features for months, but now I decided to explore Picasa even more thoroughly and I have been experimenting with the collage tool a bit. Here, let me share a few of those! In the first one I have some of my recent pictures with my little beauty.


The second is only her in her ballerina outfit. Yes, she is taking ballet lessons. My little sweetheart! And yes, I am browsing the net to see what child ballerina charts I should order for future stitching. How did you know? :)

Finally, some recent stitching. I have found a Permin kit I started working on about this time last year, but my illness just got worse and my shaking hands didn't let me stitch at all. But now I'm back on my feet and I am working on it every day! I hope to finish it in a few weeks. I will keep you updated.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Your little girl is a sweetie and the collages are great.

Marjorie said...

Your daughter is beautiful! And I agree with Vicki, that is a great sampler, I'll have to check it out.

Kathy in Orange County California said...

I found a book of cute little girl ballerinas done by Marty Links (well, she was the artist, I'm not sure who designed the cross-stitch). They used specialty fibers for the tutus which made them extra cute! I need to hang on to mine, but you might be able find the booklet. (I think it had six patterns in it). They're cute, not elegant, so if you wanted elegant, I'm no help!

Lesleyanne said...

The collages are great. How about the ballerina that Country Cottage Needleworks do - can't remember the name.

Meari said...

Great photos of you and your little one! :)

Katrien said...

lovely collages

Nancy M said...

Great photos of you and your daughter. I stitched the CCN Ballerina for my niece and it's a really cute piece!

Karan said...

Lovely pics of you & your daughter. She's adorable. :0)