Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stitch-a-long

This is how the Christmas SAL sampler looks like after I have finished part 5. The two initials will be T and L for my daughter's name, Tamara Luca.


In less happy news, I have a prayer request. My husband's aunt Rose is in hospital with stomach cancer. She had surgery yesterday. They were gonna remove her stomach yesterday but after the first cuts the doctor realized the tumor wasn't where the previous tests made them think it would be, so they just sew her back together and now she is gonna have to undergo chemotherapy. She has two grown sons and her first grandchild is gonna have his first birthday this December and her first granddaughter is expected early next year. Please say a prayer for aunt Rose so she may dance on her grandkids' future weddings too.

Here she is a few years ago with my baby daughter:

7 comments:

drea_dear said...

Hi, Jade. Your Christmas SAL is so beautiful. Sorry to read about Aunt Roses' cancer. I have an aunt Rose (great-aunt, really) who survived cancer back when people didn't talk much about it. She's over 90 and still happy and active. So my prayers are with your relative.

Nancy said...

Your Christmas sampler is looking beautiful! I am stitching this too - in blue. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Carol said...

Your sampler is looking very pretty.
I hope you get to spend many more good times with your aunt and that her treatment goes well.

Vicki in CO said...

This is a beautiful sampler! Where is this SAL from?

Jade said...

Vicki, you can download the available parts here: http://novalee02.over-blog.com/

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt - love your pics and the stitching!

Karan said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope the treatment is successful.
Beautiful sampler - so wish I'd signed up for it now.