Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend progress

I spent the weekend at my parents as usual. Had a really good time with my baby girl despite the fact that she's got sore throat. Had a mild fever on Friday but was her jolly old self on the weekend. She was all over me as usual. I know she misses me as much as I miss her on weekdays, but as I am still too weak to look after her, this is a neccessary choice that was hard to make and even harder to cope with. I hope I can get her back real soon.
She helped me stitch again. I poke the needle into the fabric and she carefully pulls the thread through. Sometimes she gets too enthusiastic and pulls the needle until the floss falls out of it, but I cannot blame her. At least she spends this time sitting on my lap which is always a heartwarming feeling. Here is the latest scan of Cuddling Cat.

Do you know another good reason to let my daughter stay at my parents' house?
This is where my girl can play, very quietly to make sure she won't upset the neighbours, if she steps out my door.


And....








This is my parents' backyard, where my girl is allowed to do absolutely anything as long as no one gets harmed.

Which one do you think is better for a very active five year old?

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have some lovely stitching in progress. I love the Sarah Kay, such pretty colours.

Carolyn NC said...

Love stitching - coming right along. Glad your baby is doing well and you're feeling better.

Theresa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog~~ Your WIPs are so lovely~~~~
Your parents backyard is really nice!!!!! Such a great place for a child~

MarchAnn58 said...

Thank you for stoping by my blog. Your little girl stitching is sooooooooo cute. I like your first piece too.