Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm a cover girl!



I have made it! Well, not me as a person, but as a model stitcher! I have been working on this wonderful design for the past two months and now I am able to share it with you. It's done on 14 ct black aida with Madeira floss and I am more than delighted with the way it turned out.

Right now I am putting the finishing backstitches on my next assignment. I can't share that with you yet, but I can tell you that it will be featured in the upcoming cross stich yearbook. Every year there is a special theme the majority of charts will represent and this year it's seasons. I will do my happy dance later tonight for a pretty spring design and then start, or should I say continue working on the next ones. I have to do all four seasons in nice, secession style squares. That one is done on rustic aida that I love so much!

No news on anything else yet. Tamara is vacationing at my parents' place. She has her own backyard playground there, so she is having the time of her life. My little angel. She's got her set of swings and a slide. Plus an inflatable mini pool. And my mom plans to buy a lockable plastic sandbox so Tami can build castles all day long. :) Nothing's too good for granma's little girl!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Ranae said...

Congratulations!!

Sally said...

Congratulations!!

You have been nominated for the Brillante Weblog Award:) Please see my blog!

Ginnie said...

I love your finish, the black fabric is very effective on that design.

Lucy said...

OMG...that is fabulous!!!!

tkdchick said...

Congrats on making the cover that's awesome!

Teejay said...

Congratulations! What a great treasure.