Saturday, July 7, 2007

Picturelessness and other technical problems

Shoot, my camera is broken, therefore I cannot take any pictures. And when I say camera, I think of the device taking photos. We have recently purchased the kind of camera that records moving pictures, if you know what I mean. Native English speakers, please help me out!

Anyway, now I can tape my baby girl's singing and dancing. I have even created a YouTube addy and hope to upload those little scenes soon. For now I cannot download them to the computer because we cannot install the camera's softwares. Our CD drive is dead too.

I have complained about this on my Yahoo! boards but for those who have missed it: we had record breaking heat waves in Hungary during the past couple of weeks. Our computer is unfortunately located at the warmest spot of the flat which often led to a number of emergency shutdowns. This made it impossible to do much work at the computer, so I couldn't update my blog or answer my mail as frequently as I wanted. One day the PC gave up completely, and moved to the other side of the rainbow, advertising its departure with a loud "pop" and a blackout. After switching electricity back on and getting rid of the smoke, we bought some spare parts for it, including a new power supply unit with a more effective ventillating device. Since then, our PC has been running more smoothly and with less noise. However, certain parts refuse to work, including our CD-drive.

Lucky for me that the scanner is working just fine. This way I can keep my HAED progress updated. I stitch on Magic Witch every week, at least for a couple of hours. I still have a lot to stich on my Round Robins too. Here is a scan of my latest finish. It's Birthday Flowers by Jeremiah Junction and I stitched the last segment, the Lily-of-the-valley.

As you an see, I have been trying to redesign my blog too. I'm afraid I'm not very good at it. I tried to use some free blog skins, but I can't use them without using all the extra info - links and stuff - I have at the sidebars. I have not given up yet, but I am a little bit frustrated. I haven't even figured out how to use my Yahoo Avatar! Whatever, at least I have added at least a dozen more stitching blog addresses. I have been planning to do that for months. My goals may be far, but I am getting there anyway!

2 comments:

stitcherw said...

Your RR looks great, the different flowers are so pretty. Also, Magic Witch is so cute. I haven't done a HAED yet, but I did look at this one. I think I remember it being listed under the quick stitches and thinking it might not be a bad one to start with to get used to their designs. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Sue

katica said...

Your blog is looking good, the more you try to do things the more you learn!

The english word I believe you are looking for is video camera