Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fly away already!

I've been busy like a little bee. One of my goals for the holiday season was finishing Little Wings. I feel like I've been working on it since forever. I started off real well, making crazy progress day after day on that huge green dress. Then I hit a bumper on the road, with the little girl's dotty dress, the confettis of hair and the backstitched vines. I still got it out every now and then, stitched a bit on those annoying parts and put it away wishing I'd never have to suffer the irritating task of threading my needle for no more than just three stitches. In the meantime I was aware that I am about a week of devoted stitching away from completing it. So I made it my mission to finish until next Monday. I am doing really well too. Mentally, I am at the point where I hate even looking at it and keep wishing I could stitch something else, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel and it makes me itch to go ahead and just finish it already.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I get that way about projects too. It's looking great and I'm sure you'll be finished soon.

Justine said...

Keep going! It's beautiful. You should treat yourself to a new start when it's done.

Claudette497 said...

Don't stop now! You're so close! I'm rooting for you!