Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy dance at The Wedding

As you may remember, I had this super secret project that I have been working on for two years. It was Lavender & Lace's The Wedding which I have tweaked a bit to fit my parents' 50th anniversary. I have finished in time too, except for the beading. This summer I took a deep breath, washed and ironed the piece, and then I spent two days beading, but it was worth it. Last week it finally came back from the framer's and went to live with my parents. I am very satisfied with the result, although I do not want to stitch anything white for a while. :) I changed the letters to numbers, and modified the hair colour of the young couple, plus I thought the veil wasn't enough so I added a blackwork in Kreinik's gold blending filament. In retrospect, I wish I would have placed the numbers a bit closer to each other, but it still turned out fine. Here is the end product, with some details for the veil.









4 comments:

Stitching Cat said...

Gorgeous!

Justine said...

Just found your lovely blog through Claudette's BAP Attack. I love how you changed the veil on this piece. It's stunning. Congratulations to your parents on 50 years together.

Sorry to read about your troubles in your earlier post. I hope blogging again is a positive step for you and your stitchy bug soon returns. Losing a job is difficult so don't be hard on yourself. I will remember you in my prayers.

Angela CG said...

Amazing work. Just beautiful!

Victoria Gable said...

Gorgeous work! Great job!