Thursday, April 25, 2013

Back to blogging

I missed blogging, but due to recent rearrangements in my job I just couldn't find the time and/or energy to do it. It's been a long winter and I missed my sunshine. I mostly run on solar power. Also, I have more and more problems with blogger, so I started to experiment with Wordpress. I may move my blog there. I will let you know if I do. Here is a brief recap of important things that happened, told mostly in pictures. 

We had a rainy Easter but at least the bunny was glamorous and gorgeous!
My daughter won a prize for one of her drawings. I plan to have it scanned and turned to a cross stitch chart once I get it back!
In April, my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary! 
It was time to reveal my super secret stitchy project, which, due to the above mentioned difficulties, was not finished completely, but my parents appreciated it nevertheless, you know, like good parents do. I have stitched a version of Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum's The Wedding but instead of "united in love" I put a big 50 in the corner. I still have a few odd stitches to do (in the tiny flowers) and there is also the beading, but as my parents have already seen it, I can show you the almost finished piece as well.

My parents, aren't they lovely?
This is how far I got with my version of The Wedding by the deadline.

My little Pinkie Pie.
 In the February masquarade my daughter decided to dress up as Pinkie Pie from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series.



Spring took its time, but now it's here in full bloom!
This is a kit by Russian company RTO.
In the meantime I have been working on some projects, here are some progress photos.

My first ever scissor fob.
My conversion of Mirabilia's Rose of Sharon.

My hair is getting too long and getting in the way. I am about to get a new do in just a few hours. Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Faith... said...

What a beautiful drawing your did! It will look beautiful as a cross stitch piece.