Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tree of Stitches 2.0

I have finally managed to hand over the last of the xmas presents last week! :) One of my best friends was very busy and then she had a holiday. She never knew what I stitched for her! She fell in love with my first version of Tree of Stitches by Abi Gurden when she saw me stitching it, and I immediately decided to stitch it a second time for her. This time I added more warm colours because I know her to like those, and experimented with the hand dyed threads on the double layer stitches. I stitched the bottom layers completely before going on to the top layer, to add colour variation to the individual stitches. I also added more beads instead of some x stitches. I made her owl brown and left the bunny because I wasn't sure she liked it. I'm very satisfied with the way it turned out. And yes, I am getting ready to stitch it again, this time for my parents. ;)
Photos after the jump.













11 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I thought your original tree was lovely but this one is even better!

The colours you've chosen really blend well together and the red leaves falling are just perfect. Your friend is very lucky to be getting this!

JaneT said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to stitch one. Beautiful work.

Marcy said...

Beautiful colors! Your 2nd tree is lovely.

socialsue said...

Very beautiful and well done!! I love the different colors on the tree.!

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

Beautiful work!!!

Annie said...

It's amazing! What a fantastic gift!

Claudette497 said...

That's beautiful!

Anne Sans Tete -- Nome de plume! said...

What a cool project! I especially like the colors you've chosen.

- Lisa N.

Camila Lino Lanigan said...

Tree looks amazing. Well done!! How brave to think of stitching for a 3rd time

Susan said...

You have a very lucky friend. Your tree is beautiful. I like the tip on doing the overdyes in two layers/passes.

DUSTY said...

Oh, I love the Autumn colors. This one is gorgeous !!