Friday, August 10, 2012

The thrill of a new start

I was gonna start working on Tree of Stitches by Abi Gurden this week, but fate had other plans. :) Just as I was finishing my previous blog post, I hear a knock on the door. It was the mailman with Stephanie's wonderful fabrics! I spread my favourite piece on the bed, spent half a day marvelling at its beauty, and realized I won't be able to go to sleep before I put my needle to it. So I took a deep breath and a last look at my conversion table, and started my purple version of Mirabilia's Rose of Sharon.
This is my progress after the first day.
This is my progress after three days. I'm going slow as I have changed methods. I cross every x one by one to make sure my stitches are more even. A friend of mine suggested trying this and I like the result so far. I spent some time today trying to figure out what her ribbon should be like. On the original yellow dress it is blue. On my version... it will be... green. Not sure if it would work, but I fell in love with the colours! I will keep you posted and you can tell me what you think.
Tree of Stitches, and all the lovely hand dyed floss I chose for it, will have to wait a little longer. ;)

No comments: