Friday, April 20, 2012

Colourful plans and a finish

First of all, yes, I am very happy to report that I have my first finish of the year, and it is a big one: I have put the last stitches in the Lady of the Thread! Hurray! She is every bit as stunning as I thought she would be.


Finished and ready to be framed

This is what the working copy of the chart looks like now.
By the way, the chart is available for sale or trade. :)

Second: I started planning my next project. One more finish and I will be kitting up Rose of Sharon.
I'm not sure I like the colour of her dress though, so I started to look for alternatives on the net and found some pretty impressive projects. Some are on blogs and some are on the Mirabilia stitchers BB, but I wanna wait for the stitchers' permission to post the images before I display them all. Until then, here is one of the versions stitched by Anka, who graciously agreed to share this photo of her amazing stitching. She had not only changed the colour of the dress and the flowers, but stitched the column completely.
Ankaa's Rose of Sharon



6 comments:

Vicky L said...

Congratulations on your first finish! She is gorgeous. Sharon of Roses is beautiful and I love Anka's version.

OctoberLace said...

Beautiful finish on your L&L piece! I love stitching on black, too. Theresa

Mary Ivancicts said...

Oh Jade, Love the finish!

Faith... said...

Your finish looks wonderfu! Congratualtions :)

Shaunterria Owens said...

Your first finish of the year is beautiful. Congratulations, and I cannot wait to see your Rose of Sharon start :)

Veronica said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish! I look forward to seeing your Rose of Sharon WiP. Can't wait to see which colorway you decide to stitch her in.

Hugs,
Veronica.