Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell to 2011, welcome 2012

2011 didn't start out like it was gonna be a good year. I was lonely and very depressed. With the help of my friends though, I gradually managed to get my act together. Not just those friends I see in person, but my online stitching buddies who always have a minute or two to send me a few words of encouragement when I need it the most. I am extremely thankful for your support.
In 2011 I have changed some of the minor things that effected my mood and helped me a great deal. For example, I have successfully got rid of my Facebook gaming addiction, which gave me a lot of time I could spend on more useful things. For example, after several years, I have managed to look after my mini garden of potted plants properly. It was a great experience and I have every intention to do it again this year.
I dusted off my UFOs and had several finishes, big and small. Usually I don't like finishing, but this year I needed to close things down and the stitching finishes have, in some way, trained me to deal with the feeling of closure.
The biggest change, of course, is baby coming home. She was four years old when my delicate health and failing marriage made me unable to give her the attention and care she needed, so step by step, I let her move in with my parents. They did a terrific job looking after her, but she is my child, so I wanted her back. We had our arguments about what's best for her, but I am her mom, and I wasn't gonna spend another year without my baby. She is the light of my life, the sun around which all my thoughts orbit, and I only feel alive when we are together. This summer she moved back to Budapest, and since then all of my days are blessed. I cannot find words to describe how thankful and humbled I am to experience motherhood again. I almost forgot how amazing it is to raise a child. How wonderful it feels to look at her, listen to her, figure out how her innocent eyes view the world, go through the adventures of growing up. This is her adventure, she is the hero and I am always at her side as her faithful companion. Never again shall I let her out of my sight for so long. Unless she wants me to.
My baby is a big girl now, enjoying school days, using pointy scissors, washing the dishes, reading books on her own. Naturally, with the fun we have and the chores to be done, I don't have much time for my hobbies now, but I still think it's just a phase, and as she grows and becomes more mature and independent, I will be able to do more. For now, I am satisfied with what I have. And that really is more than what I could have asked for a year ago.

3 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I'm so glad you got your baby back - Happy New Year!

Shelleen said...

Glad that you are happier and healthier and your daughter is back with you.Enjoy her because they grow up so fast.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Well done on achieving so much.