Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back in the habit

Okay, I tried. I really tried. I know I have a long face, most of it consists of my big square forehead. I know I lost interest in beauty products and no longer feel like wasting any time on my looks. I know that the most logical thing would be to wear bangs. It is easy to manage and makes me look less like a hobby horse. But I cannot stand it. Seriously, it makes me nervous. I'd much rather have my hair hang into my eye and mouth than feel it cover my forehead. I swear I tried, several times. Can. Not. Do. It.
I also decided to not dye my hair any more. Red will be missed, and I loved experimenting with different styles. I love how much a new hair colour transforms your whole character. At least it does for me. I cannot behave the same way with jet black hair as I do with auburn or blonde locks. It just summons a different angle of my personality and lets me channel it with ease.
I never really liked my original, dull, dark brown hair. However, as I said before, I found myself no longer bothered by my looks. Also, I don't know if you can tell by this cell phone picture, but I am growing grey. Shining silver strands are speckled all over my scalp. And I'm loving it. I love the way I change with age. I want to be able to watch it happen, so no way I am covering it with dye. I wonder if my hair will be as beautiful silver as my mother's. She still dyes her hair red, but in the time between colouring sessions I see the roots sparkle. I tried to convince her to lay off dying, but she hates having gone grey. I, on the other hand, cannot wait.
I wonder if there is a washable silver hair dye available. :D

1 comment:

Vikki said...

Jade, I think you look great. If you don't want to wear makeup maybe just a tinted lip balm would make you "feel" made up? It will give you a bit more color and only takes seconds to apply. I use one by a company called Burt's Bees. If your interested email me. Keep your head up! I too decided years ago not to fight grey hair. Mostly because I'm too lazy lol. I have a few here and there but earned every one of them!