Sunday, November 7, 2010

RAKed by a non-stitcher

You may remember that I paused on the Christmas SAL I'm in because I ran out of floss and the shop that carried The Gentle Art gave in to recession and closed. Thankfully, another online friend of mine that I met on a gardening website volunteered to buy me some floss. I asked her for three skeins of the Raspberry Parfait shade and promised to cover the bill. Imagine my surprise when the envelope contained a whole bunch of other colours and a gift note! When I contacted her, all she said was "well, I had a good month and you had a crappy one with the divorce and everything, so just lean back and carry on stitching."  Isn't she amazing? Who said there is no good in this world?
By the way, did I say non-stitcher? It may not be true for long, as it seems I infested her with the stitching virus! I give it a few months and she will join our ranks!

3 comments:

Daffycat said...

How very kind of your gardener friend. You must be in ecstasy with all those lovely threads!

Jade said...

Believe me, I am. Already planning what i will use them for. I'm still dancing like your avatar. :)

Karan said...

What a lovely thing to do. It will be good to see the WIP continue. :0)