Saturday, November 20, 2010

Job update

Last night I spent two hours at a clothing store, helping to serve customers. By this time tomorrow, I will know if I will be hired there or not. I'm not sure what I am more afraid of, getting the job or not getting it. I am not sure if I can physically handle eleven hours of standing without a pause, except for a quick lunch break, for 3-4 days a week, sometimes in a row. I guess beggars can't be choosers. I have loads of bills to pay, and bosses aren't exactly knocking down my door to give me a job that pays well and is comfortable, so I might have to settle for the one that does neither. At least until I find something better.
There was one another girl who was very good at folding the clothes and arranging them, but didn't seem too keen on communicating with shoppers. It had me in stitches because it reminded me of the Jeffrey's sketch from Saturday Night Live. It was difficult to not giggle non stop!
This week I gave out 20 CVs and that is just on paper, I'm not even counting online applications any more, but I am sure it is well over 200 attempts by now. One of these days, if someone will not hire me, I will just go and start my own cross stitch design company just out of spite. Hear me, world?

1 comment:

Paisley said...

Good luck with your job search!