Monday, August 30, 2010

Back in the habit

Again, I had a period in my life where I wasn't blogging, partly because I didn't have the energy to come up with a coherent English sentence, partly because my depression made me think no one is interested in what I have to say anyway, and partly because I spent so much time with my girl I wasn't near the computer. Also, the Chinese spammers are still attacking my blog with full force every day, and they get increasingly annoying. But I didn't give up stitching and I kept reading all your wonderful blogs and e-mails, and they helped me a great deal.
Another thing I had to deal with was something I have never experienced in my 36-year-long existence. Weight gain. I was always a skinny one, whether I liked or not. Usually I didn't, because while it may be fashionable and undoubtedly a must for Hollywood dames and models, for a mere mortal like myself it makes shopping for clothes a pain in my tiny @**. But in the past 10 months I suddenly put on about 25 pounds that I didn't need. And I don't even eat that much. See that bulging belly on the picture above? That has never happened to me before. Not since I gave birth. Not to mention that I prefer wearing tight fitting clothes, so over half of my wardrobe was utterly useless.

See me in these jeans? That photo was taken last November. Coincidentally, that is the same time I was able to wear it. Not that I couldn't button it up any longer, I couldn't even pull it halfway across my thighs. I couldn't believe my eyes! For years I've been whining about not being able to gain weight, and now that I did, I don't like it. They don't say "be careful for what you wish for" for no reason! LOL
By the way, it isn't the weight that bothers me, it's that it's out of proportion and bulging. I tried to convert some of it to muscles, but the local gym was full of tattooed, bald musclemen, and while I had absolutely no problems with them, it made me feel rather weird and lonely, being the only female and the only one not drinking those suspicious substances that are supposed to make you look buff.
Anyway, I do my little workout when I muster the energy (=rarely) and I will join another gym as soon as I can afford it, but I am still unemployed. I'd be completely broke if I didn't win a small amount of cash in a dial-in TV quiz show! That money was a lifesaver.
I am completely useless in the kitchen, so I didn't delude myself thinking I can make healthy food, so I signed up for daily food supplies at a company that delivers diet food. I must say, I didn't regret it, because it is cheaper than my feeble attempts at creating something edible, is tasty, healthy and it works! I really did drop some weight! I don't know how much, because I sacked my scales right after it gave me the 25 pound bad news, but my favourite pair of jeans come up on my thighs like they should, although they are still not comfortable, and my inner thighs brush each other when I walk, which is also a new sensation, but I am getting there, ladies!
And now I will close this post before it gets too long, and start a new one!

No comments: