Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beauties of many kinds


First of all, thanks for all the nice words, whether in group/private mail or a blog comment. A fellow crafts blogger pointed me to the Blogging Without Obligation "movement" and you can find the logo on the right. The click will take you to the original post where it all started.

I also have Deepest Love back at home. Isn't she lovely in that beautiful frame? Fits her perfectly. It was by far the most expensive framing job, but it's for my mom's birthday, so what the heck.

I found some long forgotten WIPs as well. This one is called something like Butterfly on Bramble and it's a DMC kit. I started about two years ago, put ten stitches in it and put it aside. I found it last week and decided to make it my next project. Nice progress in two days, right?

I have finished a mini Lanarte kit that I just cannot find right now. Who knew that things can get lost for good in a 25 m2 apartment? It had a blue china teapot and a bunch of flowers on it. I think it is no longer on sale. I finished a pink teacup too, it was a magazine freebie, but it is also lost in the mess vortex. One day it will pop up on the middle of my dinner table when I least expect it, I just know it.

One finish I can show you is also a Lanarte kit I stitched almost a year ago. Only the backstitch was missing. At the time I got fed up with all the subtle, pale colours, but stumbling upon it last week, I decided to finish that project too. Here it is.
I started filling the gaps on my Dimensions tiger too, plus made some progress on Lady of the Thread as well. Not sure if I shared these progress photos before, but hey, I'm in a good mood and wanna show off my craft! So here they are:

 As far as non-stitching beauties are concerned: well, it's spring and the garden is finally in bloom! The tulip bulbs I purchased last year were the best buy ever! Look at these amazing colours! A dozen tulips to my daughter's delight. The loveliest flowers I have seen in a while. My girl is spending most of her time outside. Is she a diva in those sunglasses or what?



25 comments:

Annie said...

Deepest Love looks absolutely gorgeous. What a fabulous gift.

Love the Lanarte birdies too.

You pick such great projects.

Darkangel said...

wow so many stitching things completed and they all are so wonderful love them

Emily said...

The mermaid looks stunning in her frame. That little bird is very nice as well. Little girl looks fab in her sunglasses.

Meari said...

Beautiful stitching, Jade. Glad to see you're in a good mood. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Deepest love is absolutely gorgeous. Well worth the expense.
Can't wait to see your lanarte's when they appear from the vortex. Lovely bird and your daughter looks very cool in her shades.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Beautiful stitching. The mermaid looks great!

Katrien said...

beautiful projects you have going. I'm also an expert in getting things lost :)

Julie Phillips, aka Julieloveslucy SCS said...

I love the little birdies Jade, beautiful work!
Hugs
Julie

Cindy's Stitching said...

They are all pretty the birds are my favorite.

Chiloe said...

Woohoo ! look at all these beauties that you are showing us ♥ I'm going to start to be jealous. Maybe my mojo went to live at your house? :-) Keep the good work ;-)

Hugs

Karan said...

What a great job the framer has done - stunning piece! Love the robin finish (got that in my stash!) & your WIP's are all looking great. Lovely pics of the tulip & Diva too. :0)

nutmegg said...

The mermaid is perfect great stitching and I also like the bird one.

Debra said...

Happy Dancing with you it is beautiful! I love all the pieces you have going right now. And the picture of your daughter is too cute.

Mary Ivancicts said...

Beautiful! I can't figure out which one I like the best, they are lovely!

curiosities808 said...

Love your stitching projects! Your mermaid is fantastic! Gotta love those framers with the $$$ frame jobs...makes the stitched piece all the more wonderful!
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii

Carolyn NC said...

Great stitching! - all looks lovely.

silentsgirl said...

The framer did an amazing job with Deepest Love - your mom is a very lucky lady to have such a beautiful gift stitched for her. Great progress on all your other pieces, too!

Sherri said...

Beautiful projects! I especially love the bird.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Deepest Love looks fantastic in the frame, your Mum will truly love her.

Riet said...

You make a very good progress with you wip's. The birds are lovely.

Jo said...

Beautiful stitching, LOVE the Lanarte birds.

Brigitte said...

Wow, what a great stitchy post this is. You have some absolutely great WIPs on the go. And the long forgotten ones are the best because they feel like new when you hit them again, don't they?
I love your little birdie. Lanarte has the most beautiful birds and I also have some in my stash.
Deepest Love looks stunning!
And your little princess really knows how to pose, lol. Lovely picture.

Little Cat said...

You have stitched some gorgeous pieces. Deepest Love is stunning!

glenda said...

Your stitching is lovely. Congratulations on the finishes :)

Vikki said...

Great job on all the progress! Your mom will love Deepest Love.

Doesn't Spring just cheer ya up! I think the revival of the flowers gets me in a better mood after freezing for months.

Take care!