Thursday, November 5, 2009

Okay, here we go.
I got all the papers I need for my divorce. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. We have decided to not let any lawyers go close to our case because 1, we cannot afford it and 2, we both really wanna remain friends and kinda fear that would be a lot harder if we invited lawyers to take part in the process. We just want this divorce to go smoothly and as fast as possible. Call me prejudicial or malignant but I don't think that would be the best interest of a lawyer who gets paid by the hour. So we inquired about what to do and been told that we just have to write a letter stating when we met, when we got married, what went wrong, how long it lasted, plus the financial details, etc. After listening to the list of what must be included I asked the clerk "isn't there some kind of form we can just fill out" to which she said "sure", reached to the shelf behind her back and handed over the papers. SERIOUSLY, WHY NOT START WITH THAT? As if divorcing wasn't stressful enough without having to deal with clerks who are either dumb or just totally apathetic. Sheesh.

Okay, now some good news. The mailman brought me my copy of the Hungarian Keresztszemes Magazin and this time he even managed to properly insert it into my mailbox. Which is huge, I bought it specifically so I can subscribe to mags and not get them folded into four. Anyway, I have been collecting the free kits that subscribers get for... as long as they were there, and since I got every issue, you can imagine the pile. I store them all in a big shoe box. But last month I made a resolution to not procrastinate anymore and so I decided to stitch the mini kits right away!


I did it too, here are these cute little trees. The kits were supposed to have three shades of green in them, but no matter how hard I looked, I could only tell two apart, so I added the darker greens from my DMC collection. The darkest one is number 500, on the other tree I didn't pick one that is too dark, it's just a different shade. (If that makes any sense.)

I have spent more time on the Permin kit as well. It is slowly but surely expanding beyond the screen size of my scanner, but since my camera is always where my daughter is, which is over 60 kilometers from here, I had to jam my fabric into the machine. How else am I gonna show you my progress? Here, take a look!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Those little tree are cute, sorry to hear about your divorce, but glad you are trying to remain friends. Mu husbands' ex is like bitch from hell, even though he has never done anything "wrong" in the eyes of the law.

Carolyn NC said...

Cute trees and nice progress on your Permin. Hang in there. :)

Chiloe said...

I love the Permin !!! It's beautiful ;-)

kaghos said...

how cute

Nancy M said...

Nice progress on your Permin!!

Karan said...

Am sure things will go a lot better without the lawyers.
Cute trees & great progress on your main WIP. :0)

Kelly said...

Your stitching is lovely Jade.
I hope everything turns out for the best for you.

Mylene said...

Permis is looking beautiful!!

Good to hear about your agreement with your ex to stay friends.

Carol's Stitching said...

Good luck in your personal issues and your stitching is going wonderfully. It is always good to hear that two people can remain friends after adversity.