Thursday, October 1, 2009

Joint efforts

I remember showing you the finished picture of the sleeping Some Bunny before, but you didn't see the framed version yet! It's a wooden frame I bought at a local hobby shop and my girl painted it pink herself! As I mentioned before, pink is her favourite colour. She then decided to put some flowers on a corner with decoupage, but it has to be done carefully and requires a lot of waiting to dry, so she got bored of it pretty quick. She did add some silver and gold stickers and I wrote her name on it, Tamara Luca, as you can all see. What you cannot see is written on the bottom of the frame. This picture hangs just above her bed, so when she looks up, she can see that I wrote "I love you" on the bottom edge. She cannot read yet, but she asked me what it says and now she knows. I wanted her to see those words last before going to sleep and she likes the idea.

From Finished stitching

9 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

How sweet - and what a great frame!

Meari said...

Very nice!

Lesleyanne said...

Thats a lovely finish.

Chiloe said...

I love the frame !!!!!!!!!!!

Karan said...

What a lovely frame, perfect for the design, & a wonderful sentiment. :0)

Lillie said...

What a sweet idea to have the words written on the bottom/side of the frame.

The frame looks pretty.

Tammy said...

That's the sweetest thing ever. Love your finishing and the pattern is just adorable! Great job. Thx for stopping by my blog!

Mylene said...

Lovely frame! You both did a great job!

Carol said...

Very pretty.

Jade you are one of my PIF winners at my blog. Please send me your mailing address. Congratulations.

http://stitchacrosstheborder.blogspot.com
carolalhansen@comcast.net