Monday, March 12, 2007

Mag S. E. X. and asking for advice or help

One of the oldest LNSs that sells cross stitch supplies has a new sale. Every now and then they put old mags on a display. Crochet, knitting, quilting and cross stitch mags too. Any three mags you choose cost only 2000 HUF. To put that price into perspective, my favourite mags originally cost the following amount:

Susanna - 2490,-
Cross Stitch Crazy - 2200,-
Stoney Creek CS - 2100,-
Cross Stitch Gold - 3450,-


Needless to say that whenever I get the chance I invest as much as I can afford! These Stoney Creek mags were found in December, I haven't seen any of them since. Last week, however, I found three CS Crazy and three The World Of CS mags.

Of course, these are all old issues, and there can be problems. For example, the little hedgehog on the cover of the 1998 September TWO CS magazine is just a picture, the chart was supposed to be attached on a separate sheet as a free gift, but it's missing! The shop owner said it was probably stolen and since the magazine is so old, they can not replace it. Needless to say, I bought this issue for the sake of the hedgehog, my daughter, Tamara, loves it and asked me several times to stitch it for her.

I wonder what I should do. Do you think I should write to the publisher? Do they still have replacement charts for a nine year old magazine? Do they have the right at all to sell that pattern after all these years? Or should I look somewhere else? What do you suggest? Leave comments!

1 comment:

Meari said...

I would say it's worth a try to contact the manufacturer. The worst that could happen is that they say no, they don't publish it anymore.