Friday, May 26, 2006

Stitching for (a) living

Yeeeaah! I always wanted to give it a try, but never really had the courage. But my recent WIPs were such a challenge, and I managed to stitch them so nicely, that when the chief editor of Keresztszemes Magazin (Hungarian X-stitch mag) posted a note on her portal saying basically "we need more model stitchers", I have decided to try it. I had to send pictures of my pieces so far, including backside. And yes! I got the job! I wasn't sure how fast I can be when needed, so I chose the smallest pattern. I got the floss, aida and chart yesterday and I'm already about 1/5th through with it! Wow!
My fingers ache pretty bad because the aida is unusually stiff and the design has lots of half stitches but I don't really care. It's my job and I will do it right! I am right on track and will finish this piece within a week or so. With a July deadline, I think it will do me good, as I am infamous of not being able to finish stuff in time. :)
Anyway, that was one big dream of mine. I have several dreams in connection with cross stitch. One of those is owning a CS webshop, another one is designing charts. And there is one more that might be fulfilled in the near future, and if it does, it will change the whole life of the family... but being as superstitious as I am, I will not tell you of it untill it's fulfilled! :P

2 comments:

katica said...

Congrats on the model stitching! It is fun to do, and gives you a different aspect of stitching under the pressure of a deadline!

Meari said...

Congrats on your model stitching job!