Thursday, April 27, 2006

My very first RR

After several months of fighting in my soul I have decided to re-visit the Hungarian x-stitch homepage where people treated my so badly... I don't wanna go into details here, just know that they were quite mean to me and I was deeply hurt and offended. Anyway, I have decided to put my pride aside and checked in. I was surprised to find almost a dozen new topics about newly arranged RR-s. Round Robins is a new concept in Hungary, completely unknown to those who do not mail with foreigners. I have tried to organize some - as well as stitch-alongs - and that is when I was told off by the seniors, to leave things as they always were and some even said I just want to steal their stitching...

Anyway, that seems to have been a minor event, as now there are many ladies working together in several robins. I decided to join one. It was a serious decision - not because of the stitching, oh no. I just had to swallow my pride. My ego had suffered a deadly blow to see that I was not able to organize a single RR, while other ladies have done that, seemingly, without any problem. And that hurt, there is no sense in denial. It hurt me, big time. Still does, a little.

Anyway, we are doing a series of teacups. I got an afghan fabric from years back, that I thought I will never use - it was on a sale (scrap) at the time when I bought it. I got the chart last week, and all I need now is a golden Kreinik blending filament and four skeins of DMC. We'll see what'll come out of all this.

Hopefully, a bunch of new friends. But at least a nice afghan will.

3 comments:

Shelleen said...

sorry that you had hurt feelings before. That is just mean and i hope that you enjoy the RR. I have done many of them and they are alot of fun.

Meari said...

That is a cute leaflet. I'm looking foward to seeing your completed project.

valda said...

Those teapots are cute! Enjoy your RR.