Saturday, March 15, 2014

Exhausted

Tamara is not well, as soon as she gets better, another infection pops its ugly head up. I'm worried for her health, not just because of the illnesses, but also the whopping amount of medicine she has been taking recently.
To top it off, my sleeping disorder is back, so I get hardly any rest. I am trying to use the unexpected extra time productively. I'm re-reading some of the classic books that were mandatory literature in school, but being too young, I failed to understand and thus appreciate them. I'm reading Madame Bovary and next on my list is Catch 22.
I have done some stitching too. I spent two weeks under the spell of Red. It was weird but fun. I couldn't even think of another project. I still keep it nearby, but now I'm working on a Lanarte kit I started about a year ago. Nowadays I'm too tired to enjoy stitching. I make myself do it because the alternative would be sitting numb in a corner, staring in the distance and drooling quietly.

2 comments:

Susan said...

So very sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope both of you are better soon - that no sleeping is really difficult. You made great progress on Red. I did the same thing with many of the books I "read" in school - they made much more sense at 40 or 50 than they did at 18.

Annie said...

I hope things get better for you both very soon! In the meantime it's good that you're making good use of time that should be spend sleeping. Your stitching is beautiful!