Monday, February 24, 2014

WIPocalypse sign in

February 14 – Topic: How many projects do you generally feel comfortable having in progress at a time?  Tell us about your one-at-a-time or rotation habits!

LOL. Comfortable. I am very comfortable with the idea of drowning in WIPs. Cross stitching is my favourite hobby, and I am quite certain it has saved me and changed my life for the better. I'm not going to ruin it by setting goals or deadlines or limits. That's not a hobby, that's work. So whenever I feel like starting a new project, I start it. I stitch on whichever WIP itches the most in my mind. I love the whole process, from staring at a chart and drink in the sight, to daydreaming about working on it; gather all the materials, pick or even dye the fabric, do the occasional conversions, experiment; stitch, photograph, blog, stitch, photograph, blog, until the eventual happy dance when I can start daydreaming about framing or other ways of finishing an item. I love all of it. And I'm done apologizing for it. No rules. No habits. No deadlines. Just the joy of stitching.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Great progress and attitude! I love both! :-)