Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WIPocalypse forever

Back in 2012, when we thought the world was going to end, I signed up for a little thing called WIPocalypse 2012. I posted as much as I could and had every intention to continue after that. 2013, however, turned out to be a more challenging year for me so I dropped out. This year I will attempt to resume my monthly WIP updating, so I signed up again. This year there will be themes, check out the general introduction to the idea on Measi's blog.

Copy+paste from the page:

January  16- Topic: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Introduction... my name is Krisztina, I'm 40 and live in Budapest, Hungary. I'm a single mom of one little lady, I'm an avid reader, movie fan and cross stitch addict. I'm currently on a job hunt. I enjoy quiet days at home as much as noisy parties at night. I'm adaptable. I consider myself a feminist and a nerd. I don't make plans. I hope to make the most of each day as they happen. I struggle with depression, so even that much is a challenge. Some stuff I posted on Facebook recently:

10 things you probably don't know about me:
1, I taught myself English by translating pop songs with a pocket dictionary and figuring out grammar as I go
2, I taught myself cross stitching and crochet too (from books)
3, I visited countries that no longer exist, like the German Democratic Republic, or Yugoslavia
4, in my school days I was fluent in Russian
5, I had plastic surgery at 16; had my ears done to escape mockery and bullying
6, used to write Star Wars fanfic in secret before I ever heard the term "fanfic"
7, I always thought I am gonna live a solitary life
8, I got the nickname Jade because my eyes turn green when I'm happy
9, I have fantasized about my own funeral since I was five

10, I learned to swim at university.

 I like to have several WIPs, and I do mean several. If I had to guess, I'd say I have about thirty. They range from tiny freebies in cross stitch magazines to huge Heaven and Earth Designs charts. My favourites are Mirabilia ladies. I will try and upload them on the WIPocalypse page I have on this blog, in my own time, please have patience. I will also attempt to do regular updates on my project, but no promises. Photos coming up soon, have to pick up my daughter from school.

3 comments:

Susan said...

It is really nice to learn more about the people behind the blog. Good luck with your WIPs this year!

Rachel said...

You have some lovely projects - I LOVE the Christmas ornament SAL!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to learn more about you and your life.

You have some lovely WIPs on your page and it seems like you completed quite a few since the beginning of 2012.