Monday, May 28, 2012

May is about to end

I have not written anything this month. Mainly because I am too tired and in a new situation that both DD and I have got to get used to. Thing is, I have a job. My contract still says temp, but as far as I know, I am the only contestant for the position, which makes it a bit easy, but I am still very determined to do the best job possible. I owe that to myself and the position too. I will be working behind the counter of a needlework shop! Is there a better job possible for a cross stitch addict like me? No way!
Actually, I owe you a whole lot more stories, because I didn't report on April events either, although some pretty significant things have happened then. First and foremost, my beloved daughter has turned eight.

Big girl and her cake
Tamara and the school maypole
Then Easter came and despite last year's promises that my mom made about never getting a stinky rabbit again (they literally stink), we caved in and got Tami the bunny she really, really wanted. It is really huge by now, and it is rather stinky, but look at my baby's face, it makes it worth tolerating, doesn't it?

For Earth Day she wore green and got a tiger face paint.



 School is going on for another month (almost), but some of the extracurricular activities are already closing. She already had her folk dancing exam that consists of a public performance.



 Ice skating was loads of fun, but that too is over now. The last class was open for the parents to see and even join in at the end. We had a great time and will definitely go back to the facility on weekends next year. Skating is compulsory for first graders in our school, in second and third grade there will be swimming lessons and we are very excited about it.

The best piece of news I have, even better than my new job, is that her dog bite wound has finally closed and so she can enjoy long splashing about in bubble bath again. No more bandages, band aids and fertilizers. The bite mark is of course clearly visible but I am very hopeful it will fade in time. That's it about us for now, I will post on stitchy stuff next time.

4 comments:

Claudette497 said...

Congratulations on the job! I'm so glad your daughter's bite is healing, and it looks like she's at a wonderful school.

mdgtjulie said...

What a lovely little girl. She's beautiful, Jade. And grats on the perfect job. I hope they make you permanent soon!!! (I don't know that I could work in a needlework store. My paycheck would all be spent the first day!!)

Faith... said...

Congratulations on your job Jade. Your daughter is getting so big and she is very pretty!

RhondaWoman71 said...

Jade Tag you are it.
see my blog for details.
http://allthisabagofchipstoo.blogspot.com/