Monday, June 6, 2011

Another notch

Last week I have turned thirty-seven, or, as one of my Wilde-loving friends would say, I have turned thirty-five for the third year in a row. :) I disapprove of lying in any form to the extreme, which is why I refuse to wear hair extensions or padded bras, and I stopped applying make up for the same reason. Last week I have dyed my hair for the very last time, only because the ends were still very light reddish shade, while the roots were my original dark brown. So I got my hair consistent and from now on I will just let it hang. :)


No gifts for me, just a cake and a lovely weekend with my daughter. Which is all right, I know the family is short on money and I do not wish for anything but my baby. So I decided to make the most of it.

I took her to a place I wanted to show her for the longest time, called the Palace of Wonders, and it's like a fairground for geeks. It presents the world of science in a fascinating way, making it fun and accessible for children. For example, here are some photos of her in the labyrinth of mirrors, and she helped one of the co-workers to demonstrate how electricity can make one's hair stand up. We spent hours running around, testing things, pushing buttons and so on. If she would have had her way, we would have spent all day in there.
I'm also having an ongoing argument with my parents about my daughter's all too extended stay with them. They insist she should stay with them, but she's been living there for three years, which is way too much. This September she must start her schooling, and I want her to study in the school down our street. Problem is, I still have no job, I am financially at my parents' mercy. I am very thankful for the support they gave me these past years, but they have to understand that I am her mother and I want her back. Trying to explain my parents but they are absolutely stubborn about it. I fear we are gonna quarrel about this, but I have my mind made up. My baby is coming home. Too bad she doesn't want to return either. She was absent for too long. I fear we have some difficult times ahead and she will hate me for a while. Not like I have a choice. I cannot live without my baby.

1 comment:

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, that must have been hard for you, to give her up. But you have to do what's right for your child, even if that means she lives with your parents. I respect you for making that decision!! Good luck finding a job. They're hard to find these days! And happy birthday! I'm so glad you had a good day. The Palace looks fascinating!!