Thursday, November 18, 2010

Job hunt update

Since my usual methods of answering any and all job ads, signing up to head hunter websites and so on has failed me, I decided to try a new approach. I grabbed a bunch of copies of my CV and walked around a couple malls. Whenever I saw a "help wanted" sign on any door, I just walked in and handed over a CV to whoever would accept one. No, I have no commercial qualification, but I can serve your customers better than any gal who just left that school, ma'am. And it worked! No, I don't have a job yet, but I already had one job interview, and I have an appointment for tomorrow. I am going to take my chances in another shop. Plus, who knows, a few more calls may come in. Not to mention that there are several malls I have not visited yet. My feet hurt from walking all day long, but I am so not giving up!
Wish me luck for tomorrow!

3 comments:

nutmegg said...

Hi Jade,I do wish you luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...xo

SocksAndMittens said...

Good luck, Jade, I hope you will find something great really soon!

Carolyn NC said...

Good luck!